Please answer this about the site

Recently I have been having some problems with the hosting of nunchakututorials.com, and I wanted to know if anyone is having problems while visiting this site.

If you could answer these questions in the comments, would be awesome, because I’m thinking on switching to another hosting company.

– Does the site loads fast? Or you have to wait a lot to see the site?
– Have you got any errors while navigating the site?

Please post your answers in the comments, so I can know if the actual hosting server is okay, or I should change of hosting company.

Thanks a lot, and keep chucking!

Freestyle Nunchaku Video Trip

Freestyle Nunchaku

Freestyle Nunchaku

Some updates news, I recently took a little trip to film some nunchaku videos, and I have a lot of them! They are mostly to the “Library of Tricks” section, were you can see the nunchaku tricks in 3 angles, and then in slow motion.

I think that the locations are really cool, and give a better view than my backyard that if you have seen my videos, you already know it, so it’s a great change.

I have around 90 videos to upload, but instead of uploading all at once and have them lost somewhere, without any views, I will be uploading a new video after the last uploaded video hits 100 views. This 100 views milestone is to at least know that the video was seen, and it was worth doing it, so if you can share the videos it would be awesome!

I hope that many people will learn with these videos, and that I will be able to upload all of them very soon! (but that depends on the views)

HELP! Join the freestyle cause

Hi folks,

April is near, and that means that the hosting of NunchakuTutorials.com have to be payed. I have tried to make this site free, and that’s why you see ads in the site, but the problem is that the money I have get from the ads is not enough to pay the site costs.

In April I have to pay USD$110.00 for the hosting (the virtual space where the site is stored), and I don’t have the money =(

So, if you have enjoy nunchakututorials.com, or you have learn something here, please help us back! It doesn’t matter how much you donate, if 110 people donate 1 dollar, we can reach the goal!

You can donate at http://nunchakututorials.com, in the right there is a PayPal donation button.

Please help NunchakuTutorials, and I hope that in the future the site will be able to pay the costs by the revenue from the ads.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,

jmvicuna

Dead Camera

I bought the Sony Bloggie camera to make the videos for the site, but now it’s dead.

I don’t know why, but it won’t start no matter what I do.

On February 1st I send it to sony, because I still have the warranty, and they told me that it would be okay on February 8th, and today, the 14th, the camera is still in “inspection”. I wanted to make lots of videos now, because I ended my thesis (and passed it 🙂 ), but with no camera, I can’t record anything.

I hope they will hurry up, and that it will be as good as it was before.

Have fun and keep chucking!

New Site Look

I have finally changed the look of nunchakututorials.com, to this one!

The old look was a bit boring to read, so I hope you will like this look a lot more!

Also, the Freestyle Nunchaku Map is already open to everyone… so explore about freechaku! It’s still need some work, but the general picture of it will let you know the possibilities it has.

To look the Freestyle Nunchaku Map, go here: http://map.nunchakututorials.com

Nunchaku World Cup 2012

The Freestyle Nunchaku World Cup 2012 is on!

The deadline for the videos is January 11st, 2012, so be ready for it!!

Here is last year’s logo:

(Image by Scott Cox)

Check the forum here: http://www.freestyleforum.net/index.php?board=167.0

Check the Facebook Event here: http://www.facebook.com/events/228729210530802/

The rules are simple:

RULES FOR VIDEO ENTRY:
1. Video must not be longer than 3 minutes. ( + 3 second, for unexpected lengthening on uploading – there were many disappointments last year – so please follow).
2. Video must state clearly at the beginning:
– participant’s name or online username
– country or nation the participant wants to represent
– the name of the video (if not stated it will be referred to as ‘participant’s video’)
– optional to put www.freestyleforum.net and or FnF Logo: Black Red Yellow Blue Green
3. Video must not include footage that has been used in a previous freechaku federation competition.
4. The majority of the video must include nunchaku usage.
5. An option to protect your video, you can set your submitted video as [Private Access] during the submission dates but make sure you are available on the deadline. You have an option to upload your video to FnF Youtube account.

And that’s it, it’s that simple! Which means…
– Videos can be one uncut shot of a three minute performance, or they can be edited compilations of different performances.
– Video can use slow-motion to highlight difficult, fast moves
– Videos can use other video editing techniques for artistic effect
– Videos can include use of staffs, poi, swords and other props as long as the majority is nunchaku
– Videos can have stories

GOOD LUCK!