So, you want to buy a new chuck, but you don’t know which one to buy, a nunchaku with a chain as link or with a cord as link. Now we will examine the cord nunchaku, with his good stuff and with the wrong ones (the little letter you never read when you are buying a nunchaku!).
Before you begin reading, I do not support a special kind of nunchaku, I believe that a nunchaku is like a glove, and that every person should find the one that fits them better, so I will be very critical, and that doesn’t means that I love or hate a certain nunchaku!
Pros About the Cord Nunchaku:
- They don’t make too much noise, you can swing them without all your neighbors knowing you are using your nunchakus
- They tend to be lighter (it will depend of the wood, but generally speaking, they’re lighter)
- You will notice if they will start to break… with chain they can break with no warning.
- They look a lot better than chain!
- You can adjust the length of the rope, for your needs
- They look more classic than chain nunchakus
- It is very easy to change the rope.
- You can tie them with different methods.
- The rope fries very easy
- The weight in the top is lighter than the chain nunchaku
- The rope last a lot less than a chain
- They can break with a high pressure trap.
- They look more like toys rather than a real nunchaku
- The ninja turtles used chain, how dare you use rope!
- What is the use of having a nunchaku if they don’t look like a real one?